II. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
A. Why we collect your personal data
Personal information refers to “any information, whether or not recorded in any form, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can reasonably and/or directly be ascertained by the entity holding the information, or, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual”. Personal data pertains to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information.
Apart from compliance with the regulatory requirements, we deem it necessary to collect, use, store and retain your personal data to enable us to perform processes related with our business and transactions with all our customers.
In general, we use the personal data you entrusted us with to:
- Perform activities in relation with our services;
- Perform processes related with security monitoring, incident reporting, and CCTV surveillance to ensure safety and security of all guests, staff, and other visitors; and
- Comply with our obligations under the law and as required by other government organizations.
We can also use your personal information in the following transactions:
- When you are an applicant to the PhilSys Registry:
i. To validate your identity as a Filipino or a Resident Alien of the Philippines;
ii. To verify your entries in the PhilSys Registration Form as compared to your presented supporting documents;
iii.To generate your assigned PhilSys Number (PSN), PhilSys Card Number (PCN), and QR code;
iv. To facilitate the printing of your PhilID; and
v. To issue and deliver your produced PhilID to the registration centers or your address.
2. When you are a registered individual:
i. To authenticate your identity, online or offline, concerning information stored in the PhilSys and PhilID;
ii. To rectify your demographic information if there are any changes or correction, upon your request;
iii. To update your biometric information as needed;
iv. To process your request for reissuance of PhilID;
v. To permit you to allow or disallow the use of your PSN for a limited number of days; and
vi. To deactivate your PSN due to reasons sanctioned by law.
3. When you transact with us through PhilSys Portal:
i. To pre-register and schedule you for the actual registration in Registration Centers;
ii. To authenticate you as the person initiating qualified transactions by sending you One-Time PIN (OTP) or verification link to your preferred channel;
iii. To authorize you to allow or disallow the use of your PSN for a limited number of days;
iv. To facilitate payment for transactions that require fees such as renewal and reissuance of PhilID;
v. To generate your PhilID;
vi. To generate tokens for authentication purposes; and
vii. To access your transaction detail history.
4. When you access PRO facilities:
i. To perform processes related with security monitoring, incident reporting and CCTV surveillance to ensure safety and security of all guests, staffs and other visitors;
ii. To monitor all persons who were given access to PRO premises; and
iii. For reference in case of security or emergency-related incidents occurring within PRO premises.
5. When you are a respondent to our survey:
i. To know your feedback on your registration process for our assessment; and
ii. To gather your information for analysis and statistical purposes regarding your experience in the registration.
B. What personal data we collect from you
In carrying out its mandate, the PRO collects and process personal data, including but not limited to the following:
- Applicant’s and registered individual’s personal information such as Full name, Address, Mobile number, Email address, Photo, and Biometrics (fingerprints and iris scan)
- Applicant’s and registered individual’s sensitive personal information such as age, sex, blood type, birthdate, citizenship, civil status, and government-issued identification documents (e.g., certificate of live birth, Philippine passport, driver’s license);
- Personal information of parents of minor applicants such as name and PSN; and
- Information collected through our CCTV surveillance and other security.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that all personal data you submit is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
C. How we collect or acquire your personal data
We collect your data when you: