Philippine Identity Summit and National Convention on Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
The 2nd Philippine Identity Summit and the 3rd National Convention on Civil Registration and Vital Statistics will be conducted in Bacolod City from 26 to 28 September 2023.
The summit is conducted to commemorate the signing of the Philippine Identification System (PhilSys) Act of 2018. It is envisioned to showcase milestones and development of the PhilSys implementation, and is expected to be participated by government, financial, and private sector parties.
The summit will include technology trade fair and plenary activities featuring local and international experts focusing on current foundational identity, data privacy and security, and PhilSys API-enabled authentication service. The event will also feature success stories of the PhilSys API-enabled authentication services’ pilot testers from the government, financial, and private sectors with a live demonstration on its utilization to their business processes.
Simultaneous with the conduct of the summit, the convention on civil registration and vital statistics will also be held. The activity shall be composed of both plenaries and breakout sessions which are avenues to inform city/municipal registrars, solemnizing officers, academe, statisticians, and other stakeholders about the recent developments on civil registration and the vital statistics generated in the country including updates on the implementation of the PhilSys.
2ND PHILIPPINE IDENTITY SUMMIT
- Provide updates to stakeholders on milestones and developments of PhilSys;
- Deliver new and updated information to Relying Parties (RPs) and other stakeholders on technologies used for digital identity, data privacy and security, and API-enabled authentication services;
- Provide a venue for RPs to meet technology providers interested in foundational identity systems;
- Provide a platform for the onboarding of potential RPs to PhilSys API-enabled authentication services; and
- Engage participants of the summit to onboard with PhilSys API-enabled authentication services through shared success stories of pilot testers from government and financial sectors.
3RD NATIONAL CONVENTION ON CIVIL REGISTRATION AND VITAL STATISTICS
- Updates on the integration of CRVS and PhilSys;
- Inform participants with civil registration concepts and procedures, laws, policy issuances, etc.;
- Convey CRS business policies and procedures;
- Continue education on civil registration and vital statistics for City/Municipal Civil Registrars (C/MCRs) and others stakeholders;
- Showcase best practices and sharing of experiences and ideas on civil registration;
- Provide data appreciation for Vital Statistics and promote activities for the CRVS Decade 2015-2024;
- Provide updates on Civil Registry System Information Technology Project II (CRS-ITP2); and
- Award the 2022 Outstanding Local Civil Registry Offices.
WHO ARE INVITED?
- Government Agencies
- City/Municipal Civil Registrars (C/MCRs)
- City and Municipal Mayors
- Private Institutions
- Development Partners
- Other Stakeholders
The event will be held at the SMX Convention Center, SM City Bacolod with address and contact information as follows:
Address: 3rd Level, SM City Bacolod, Negros Occidental
Tel. No. (034) 468 9999